Atari machines running Debian?

Hi,

in the last few days Finn almost convinced me (during numerous tests
we've made) that ARAnyM is perhaps not buggy at all and that the errors
I experience are actually due to bugs in kernel and/or glibc. Note that
I am running a 2.4.27 kernel compiled by myself on a minimal sarge
installation that was IIRC upgraded from woody. 112 MB of FastRAM, IDE
disk drive, MC68040...

I am wondering how many other Atari machines are running Sarge or Etch
and are rock stable - survive dist-upgrade, for example. Are those
Falcons with CT60 deployed as Debian buildd machines already? What
kernel are they running? Are they rock stable? And is there any other
user of linux-m68k on Atari?

On a related note: Finn keeps telling me to go for 2.6.x kernel. Where I
can get the latest source code? How far (apart from framebuffer) are
they from running on Atari hardware? If I patched in my ethernet support
I could perhaps boot it and ssh in?

And ARAnyM related: has anyone tried running different kernel than the
one I provided? Different distro than sarge or woody? Do they also
experience missing files when try something as simple as "tar -c /usr
>/dev/null" ?

Thanks.

Petr

P.S. current daily/weekly/beta d-i builds of etch fail immediately when
I tried them with my 2.4.27 kernel. Do they *require* kernel 2.6.x?