Re: [buildd] Etch?

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 06:53:12PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
>
> > How soon? We'll need a little advance warning here. Getting Mac and Atari
> > support for 2.6 into shape won't happen overnight.

TLS support is also not existing yet, so it's not really urgent, but the
sooner we get it working the better.
My hope for dropping 2.2/2.4 and working TLS would be the next Debian
release after Etch.

> > I'm not even sure all
> > Amiga varieties can run 2.6 (crest doesn't).
>
> What's the issue with crest?

Hmm, the largest outstanding kernel issue I know is discontinous memory
support, for which I have a patch, but it's not committed yet.

bye, Roman