Re: booting 2.6.16-20060414 on my Macintosh Quadra 700

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 06:12:22PM +0200, Alex Teclo wrote:

> How difficult/easy is it to fix it myself ?

You can get the m68k source here:
 http://linux-m68k-cvs.ubb.ca/

Alternatively you get the source for the debian linux-2.6 package, see
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

This package contains all the m68k patches, the latest svn version also has
a README.build in debian/arch/m68k, which explains how to (cross-)compile
for m68k.

2.6 is working (at least) on Mac Q840AV, so "only" a few fixes should be
necessary to get it going on other machines also. The Mac gurus on the
linux-m68k mailing list might be able to give you some pointers. One thing
that might help are the DMA updates from Roman Zippel, which are not yet
included in the debian packages, since they conflict with other m68k
subarches. If I can still apply the patch to the current sources, I will try
to build you a test kernel sometime next week, alternatively you can just
try yourself, the test cycles would be much faster :-)

Christian