Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Eugen Paiuc wrote:

> Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> > >The recent trend to "more ram" could make debian-m68k pretty pointless
> > >within one or two release cycles: Most m68k-systems just don't have 64 or
> > >256MB of RAM, we are lucky having 16MB of RAM.
> > >

> >Well it doesn't cost much to add RAM and most old macs and amigas, at
> >least, can take it.
> >

> have you an URL for ?

For Macs,

http://www.jagshouse.com/lowendmacfaq.html#Q2.4.1
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomscomputertips/tc14.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/schematics.html

This is not the last word, though. For example, given the right ROM
upgrade, some early 030's will go to 128 MB, IIRC. Also, the sites above
do contradict each other sometimes.

-f