Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 12:23:06PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:53:27AM -0700, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > I am a little nervous about the ColdFire boards, though, the ones we
> > received only have 64MB and no easy way of adding more memory.
>
> Yeah, but those have the advantage that they're actually still in
> development; I fully expect Freescale to come up with a board with more
> than 64M of RAM a few years from now.

Oh, I think there is one with more, and if you build your own mainboard, you
can surely attach more memory. Zoom(?)/Freescale only decided to put just 64MB
on the development boards. The question is, who will design and manufacture
boards with more memory? But maybe we worry about that, once we get them
working.

> (speaking of which, could you put your notes about booting the thing
> online somewhere? I still haven't been successful...)

I will be home tomorrow, and in case I can resurrect my DSL and my computers
have not burned down, I will try to remember to dig them up.

Christian