Re: linux-image-2.6.15-6 (was: Solution for issue with PicassoII and flickering pixels)

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 12:43:07PM -0500, Peter Krummrich wrote:
Hmm, your clock seems to be off?
> On 10.02.2006, Christian Steigies wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am uploading linux-2.6 (2.6.15-6) for m68k, the linux-images are already
> > available on my linux-image page
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/
> >
> > With these images, several problems should be fixed, everybody please
> > test: - picasso2 flickering pixels
>
> I gave it a try, but it was only partially successful. Booting went fine,
> but the Kernel used the afb framebuffer. Due to the scan ranges of my
> monitor, I did not see anything on the screen.
>
> Keyboard seems to work. I managed to log in (blindly...) and save a log from
> dmesg in a file. Loading the cirrusfb module using modprobe did not result
> in a display on the screen.
>
> I added cirrusfb to my modules file and rebooted - again nothing on the
> screen. Logging into the box from the network did not work either (does
> work with 2.4.27 kernel).
>
> So my testing capabilities are rather limited. All I can offer are two
> output files from dmesg attached to this message (first one without
> cirrusfb in modules, second one with).
>
> How can I concince the kernel to use cirrusfb instead of afb? Is there an
> option for amiboot like video=clgen for the 2.4.27 kernel?

>From your second log:

cirrusfb: CL Picasso board detected;  RAM (2 MB) at $200000,  REG at $ec0000
Cirrus Logic chipset on Zorro bus
cirrusfb: Driver for Cirrus Logic based graphic boards, v2.0-pre2
eth0: X-Surf at 0x00ed0000, Ethernet Address 52:54:40:28:b2:0f

The Picasso board was detected (after the module loaded, does it have to be
built in?) There should be a kernel option to activate it, seems to be
cirrusfb. Maybe fbset can help you switch to the second fb device? I have to
try the cirrusfb option myself, maybe I can get the PIV to work with that, I
also always tried with clgen...

But why does your NIC not work? It is detected by the kernel, so I assume
the right module is loaded.

A working keyboard is good news already!

Christian