Re: d-i testing w/amiga and 2.6

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:40:28AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2006.bluespice.org> writes:
> > linux-m68k guys: how are chances to get that problem solved soon? Without a
> > working keyboard layout it seems unlikely that m68k will ever be a Release
> > Candidate arch in Debian again.
> This is nothing the kernel can do about.  If you load the wrong keymap you
> get a wrong keymap.  Choosing the right keymap is a pure userspace
> problem.

Well, IIRC I was told by someone that it's a kernel problem, but maybe my
memory fails me here...
At least the keymap works fine with 2.4 series, but not with 2.6 anymore.
So, I guess something has changed in the kernel that makes something fail in
setting the correct/working keymap.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc