Re: d-i testing w/amiga and 2.6

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:29:26AM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> I'd really appreciate it if someone could give d-i some testing with an
> amiga and a 2.6 kernel. It'd be especially nice if we didn't have to
> take down a buildd for the test. This particular initrd requires a
> network connection.

Uhm, sorry I haven't tested it earlier on Spice, but I was in Hospital last
week... :/

> The initrd is at
> <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/nativehd/initrd.gz>

As usual tested on Spice with Kars' kernel...

> I'd be happy to know that it gets all the way to partitioning. In other
> words, this can be a nondestructive test if you want.
> In particular, I'd like to know more about amiga keymaps vs. 2.6. If I
> understand correctly, you should now be prompted for an amiga keymap.
> It may be that none of those actually works on amiga under 2.6. You
> should be able to get to the PC keymaps by booting with the kernel
> parameter expert.
> Do either the amiga or the PC keymaps work correctly with 2.6? That's
> what I need to know.

Keymap is still very b0rken...
When I choose German (amiga) (there's no PC keyboard layout in standard
mode) I can't type the correct proxy URL: instead of http I only get fttp.
Backspace/DEL doesn't work either. WHen choosing US keymap, I'm not able to
hit Enter (well, I can hit it as often as I like, but nothing happens ;).

Ok, now for expert mode (debconf/priority=low passed via amiboot):
- When choosing keyboard layout I choose "Kepp Kernel keymap"
- detect/configure network works with that setting
- mirror choosing works as well (can type correct URL)
- downloading components works
- partition dialogue opens...

I'm ending the test at this point now and restart the buildd... ;)

Anyway, I think the *most* important stuff is to solve the keymap problem
RSN! I think this is a task for linux-m68k. CCing.

linux-m68k guys: how are chances to get that problem solved soon? Without a
working keyboard layout it seems unlikely that m68k will ever be a Release
Candidate arch in Debian again.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc