Re: Release Notes - What kernel versions are supported?

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 03:15:01PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka pí?e v Út 24. 05. 2005 v 08:01 -0500:
> > On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:33:12AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >
> > > For 2.4.27, all of the above plus Q40/Q60.
> >
> > Neither Q40 nor atari are fully supported in d-i until we get
> > bts#239816 fixed. I know there is a workaround for atari.
>
> since we have like a week to release I doubt the bug gets fixed in time
> - would it make sense to at least document the workaround in the release
> notes? Since otherwise potential Atari Debian users will give up once
> the Sarge won't install at all, I am afraid.

I believe the workaround is that once the disk is partitioned you have
to drop to the command line and format and mount the partitions by hand.
Once / is mounted on /target, I believe everything works from there.

Hopefully, any atari (or m68k for that matter) Debian users will popup
somewhere and ask questions which we can then answer. I'm hoping to be
able to say that all problems have been fixed in the etch installer.

<stephen@marenka.net>