Re: Re: kernel panics with debian kernels >2.2.25 on A4000T/060

On ma, 2005-11-07 at 21:40 +0100, Conny Ingo Nothhelfer wrote:
> I really would like to install Debian Sarge on my A4000T, but as you know,
> there's only that vmlinuz-2.4.27-amiga kernel for the Amiga-OS to start the
> installation.
> So, does someone know where to get a kernel that works? Or can someone send me
> a kernel to my e-mail?

I have a 2.6.13 kernel that works for Ingo, but I didn't manage to
install Sarge with it. It seems at least the nativehd ramdisk
(debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-m68k/current/images/nativehd/initrd.gz) only works with a kernel with devfs configured, but that is no longer an option with recent 2.6 kernels.

Also, there's an issue with the keyboard with 2.6 kernels (the old Amiga
keymaps no longer work). The installer however didn't ask me which
keymap I wanted (I suppose you need a debconf priority setting of high
or something to get that question).

Kind regards,

Kars.