Re: Help

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 10:42 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:26:10PM -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I'd like to help in any possible way I can with testing, porting, etc.
> > I have 2 Atari TT030's, a Nova Mach64 video card on one, a Falcon030
> > with a CT60 and 80MHz 060, and 2 good installations of ARAnyM on fast
> > hardware.  Also have a Mega STe but I don't think that's much help ;)
> Great!
> I don't know what you are capable of doing, but there currently is lack
> of support by Debian-installer for installing sarge on Atari systems.
> The main reason here is the fact that the Atari partition format isn't
> supported by parted. If you think you're up to that, it'd be nice if you
> could code the support for that into parted. There is supposed to be
> documentation for the on-disk format of the partition table that Atari
> computers use, but I don't know where this can be found (anyone?)

Linux kernel supports atari partition table format.  Maybe the source
would be helpful.  I've done applications programming in C, but nothing
system level yet.  I'm willing to attempt anything though.

> If that's outside your league, there are still more things you could do.
> Christian Steigies and Michael Schmitz both have a CT060, but they're
> having problems setting it up; if yours is running correctly and running
> Debian, perhaps you could help them fix their issues.

Not running debian yet.  That's the first thing to do is get that
installed.  I'll have to repartition my disk as I have like a 20gig
partition dedicated to mint that could be shrank a bit ;)  I'll probably
just buy another hdd instead to dedicate for debian stuff.

> Other than that, generally using and testing Debian unstable or testing
> on actual m68k hardware is also very useful (provided you file bugs when
> you find them :).

I used gentoo for a long time, so I'm very good at filing bugs ;)