Re: Help

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:26:10PM -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'd like to help in any possible way I can with testing, porting, etc.
> I have 2 Atari TT030's, a Nova Mach64 video card on one, a Falcon030
> with a CT60 and 80MHz 060, and 2 good installations of ARAnyM on fast
> hardware.  Also have a Mega STe but I don't think that's much help ;)

Great!

I don't know what you are capable of doing, but there currently is lack
of support by Debian-installer for installing sarge on Atari systems.
The main reason here is the fact that the Atari partition format isn't
supported by parted. If you think you're up to that, it'd be nice if you
could code the support for that into parted. There is supposed to be
documentation for the on-disk format of the partition table that Atari
computers use, but I don't know where this can be found (anyone?)

If that's outside your league, there are still more things you could do.
Christian Steigies and Michael Schmitz both have a CT060, but they're
having problems setting it up; if yours is running correctly and running
Debian, perhaps you could help them fix their issues.

Other than that, generally using and testing Debian unstable or testing
on actual m68k hardware is also very useful (provided you file bugs when
you find them :).

pavement is precisely one bananosecond