Re: Installing on a PB190

Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> You said your keyboard was working in the 2.4 kernel you tested?

Yes, it seems to work OK. As I wrote, using an older initrd image I was
even able to login as root and move around.

> Last week I uploaded 2.6.8
> kernel-images for nine m68k subarchitectures, and it is working pretty
> well on my Q840, maybe you can give it a try?

I tried, but it won't even load and Penguin stops with the error
  Wrong magic number 60562 in kernel header

I've downloaded it in both binary and text modes, but the result is the
same. I guess I'm doing something really stupid. What does the .deb
extension mean? Is it a sort of encoding or archive format?

Thanks,

Damiano