Re: Re :Re: Kernel 2.6 for m68k/amiga

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:03:27PM +0200, Storm66 wrote:
> > I will also try to download a "already made" kernel from
> > http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
>
> I just tried the 2.6.7 myself after my Amiga crashed while compiling
> xemacs21... the kernel seems to work fine (I have trouble judging it since
> my video card died some time ago, the flicker fixer is having problems, and
> I did not want to hook up the RGB converter, since I am watching beach
> volleyball), but it does have problems with loading modules. I installed
> module-init-tools so modules can be loaded, but still get this in kern.log:
>
> Jul 17 22:38:03 aahz kernel: zorro8390: Unknown symbol ei_open

And at least ei_open is exported by drivers/net/8390.c...
Was 8390.o loaded? If not, can you try to load it manually, so we know it's a
bug in the dependency checker of module-init-tools or in the in-kernel module
loader?

> I am now running 2.4.27, and I found the cause for my problem with 2.4.26,
> which is also in 27, I need to turn off ECN:
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
>
> Otherwise I can not download packages or access websites.

Ugh, still behind a router/firewall that rejects packets with the ECN bit set?
I've been living with ECN enabled (oops, my new home machine seems to have it
disabled) for a few years...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds