Re: atafb allocates non-STRAM (was Re: kernel 2.2 and d-i)

V Út, 10. 08. 2004 v 13:19, Kars de Jong píše:
> > Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
> > Determined 640x480, depth 4
> >    virtual 640x972
> > fb0: Atari Builtin vga16 frame buffer device, using 304K of video memory
> >
> > And there, in the "switching to colour frame buffer device" it allocated
> > the wrong memory and changed the screen_base to point to nowhere.
>
> Which means atafb must be doing something wrong

what if the
  screen_base = atari_stram_alloc(mem_req, "atafb");
simply returns the wrong address? Then atafb would be perfectly OK then.

I'll add more debug printks. This is behaving a bit randomly (or there
are too many input variables) so it will take a while to find a pattern
there.

Petr