Re: Debian Sarge Installation Manual

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 08:06:40PM +1000, david howe wrote:
> Nice to see someone actually putting in specific platform advice.
>
> Quickly looking over the video section (with an eye to the mac specific
> areas) I am reminded that one of the biggest headaches new installs run
> into is with the xserver. Besides making a general reference to the
> xfree site, what information is on hand to expand this area?

Pointers to faqs would be fine if you have any in mind.

> also i note that the pointer to
> http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/
> seems to suggest that no recent development is actually taking place re
> a 2.6 kernel

Development is taking place on the m68k/mac kernel and it works for some
machines, as long as you don't touch the keyboard. I believe we're all
sort of waiting for a promised rewrite of adb to be finished.

That's really why debian-installer even supports 2.2 kernels. My only
m68k boxes are macs.

<stephen@marenka.net>