Re: ARAnyM

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I am seeking for a help from some experienced linux-m68k hacker. I am
> currently having trouble with IDE emulation (the MFP interrupts in
> particular). And I'd like to know how to cross compile 2.2.x m68k kernel
> on debian-ia32 sid easily, if possible. Although I have just reenabled

`apt-get install toolchain-source' and read the corresponding docs.
Note that current binutils will create a kernel image that cannot be booted by
any m68k booter, but a solution to post-process the image seems to exist.

Oops, you're talking about compiling kernel 2.2.x. Forget about the above, and
manually build a gcc 2.95.x cross-compiler.... Or if you trust me, I can tar-up
my ancient 2.95 cross-compiler which lives in /usr/local/.

> the delivery of linux-m68k posts that I had disabled since last summer
> (dunno why) so I should point my kernel related questions there perhaps.

Indeed ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds