RE: FW: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer testers

> > http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/m68k/beta4/
> It figures, that one is screwed up (I asked for it to be listed in the
> beta 4 errata). In any case, none of the initrd's on that
> disk had atari support built-in.
> Please try one from
> <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/test/atari/>.

I tried it with Didier Mequignon's CT60 kernel.

My bootargs were the following:

bootstra.prg -s .k vmlinux.ct60 -r cdron-initrd.gz root=/dev/ram
video=keep load_ramdisk=1 ramdisk=20000
debian-installer/framebuffer=false

With these settings the install program starts until it tries to find a
networking card. :-) Then it doesn't find any but I could continue
installation. ;-) After that the install program unfortunately doesn't
find a harddisk although at bootup my IDE drive was found on which are
two partitions for Linux, one is an ext2, the other is swap and are
marked in XHDI as LNX and SWP. :-(

Then the installation fails. Any hints? Does the current kernel support
hard disks > 8 GB? I know that there was a problem aeons ago with Mac or
ATARI ide harddisks > 8GB but I thought it was fixed in current
68k-kernels.

Regards,

Frank