Re: FW: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer testers

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:59:53AM +0200, Kars de Jong wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 10:25, Szymanski, Frank-Peter (DMT) wrote:

> This is caused by a missing boot parameter: ramdisk_size=20000
> The default maximum ramdisk size is 4 MB, the d-i ramdisk is quite a bit
> bigger.

Sorry if I didn't document that clearly enough. This is required to
support 2.2 kernels, although I think I can cut that in half soon.

> I tried the Atari version of the image on my HP300 this weekend (I have
> a working framebuffer now, yay!) which worked fine when I also passed
> the option "debian-installer/framebuffer=false". Without that parameter,
> I just got a black screen.

Which kernel?

Whoa, hp300? I didn't know that subarch ever had a fully supported
kernel. Is it worth adding full debian/d-i support?

> The installer seems to work. However, I don't have a disk driver yet, so
> the partioner failed. My network was configured OK though, so I thought
> I should be able to use an NFS root instead, but that seems to be
> impossible. How are you supposed to start an NFS root these days? The
> installation manual of Sarge still talks about unpacking root.tar, but
> that no longer exists.

If you can walk me through what you need for nfs root, I'll build it
if I can.

<stephen@marenka.net>