Re: Installing Debian on an SE/30

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:33:33PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> BTW, is it possible to connect a
> standard SCSI CD-Rom to a Mac? It would be nice if I could use it from
> MacOS, but even if it just works in Linux it would be ok. I have a 4x CD-Rom
> and a 4x CD-R left over, and my Mac has no optical drive.

Any SCSI CD-ROM supported by Linux normally should work fine when plugged
into a Mac. It's just Apple's CD-ROM driver that is picky, not the chip.
The official SCSI CD-ROM driver from Apple has a list of acceptable
drives compiled in, so you would need either a hacked driver or a 3rd
party driver to use the drive from MacOS.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com