Re: SA_RETART and linux 68k

Greetings, and thanks for your reply!

Roman Zippel <zippel@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> Hi,
> Camm Maguire wrote:
> > About a year ago, I noticed however that when the SIGSEGV occurred in
> > fread, the restart failed, even when (of course) the signal handlers
> > were setup with SA_RESTART.
> Do you have a small test program to demonstrate the problem?

I do, but I've since determined that I was somewhat confused, and the
issue does not appear to be platform specific.  To sum, read/fread
will not raise a SIGSEGV when writing to memory protected PROT_READ,
but simply return an error.  Why I've only run into this issue when
building gcl/acl2 on m68k I do not know.  Furthermore, I cannot
reproduce the failure in

on crest, so at present I can only surmise that the old read/fread
issue is randomly at work from the similarity with the failure a year
ago.  I've just uploaded gcl-2.6.1-24 which protects all read/freads
against this problem.  Soon I'll release another acl2 build-depending
on this version, together with more diagnostics in the build record
around this failure.  As all appears to work flawlessly on crest, I'm
hopeful for success.

Take care,