Re: NeXT

Op wo 08-10-2003, om 00:01 schreef John Klos:
> Hi,
>
> > Op di 07-10-2003, om 18:50 schreef Geert Uytterhoeven:
> > > Ugh... How do you build a kernel for NeXT? Support for NeXT was never finished,
> > > and never integrated in the Linux/m68k kernel source tree.
> >
> > Yeah, I found that out in the mean time. Since there's a link on the
> > linux-m68k pages, I assumed it worked...
>
> You can run NetBSD on it. Although Debian-on-NetBSD-kernel seems only to
> exist for i386, you should be able to run Debian binaries through NetBSD's
> m68k Linux ABI emulation.

It should work. A while ago, a NetBSD hacker asked for information about
creating an m68k Debian base system on this list. Not sure whether it
now actually works (I'm not into NetBSD), but at least someone tried :-)

(sorry, no references; I forgot the name of the guy, the thread subject,
and the approximate time of the thread)

--
Wouter Verhelst
If you're running Microsoft Windows, either scan your computer on