Re: NeXT

Hi,

> Op di 07-10-2003, om 18:50 schreef Geert Uytterhoeven:
> > Ugh... How do you build a kernel for NeXT? Support for NeXT was never finished,
> > and never integrated in the Linux/m68k kernel source tree.
>
> Yeah, I found that out in the mean time. Since there's a link on the
> linux-m68k pages, I assumed it worked...

You can run NetBSD on it. Although Debian-on-NetBSD-kernel seems only to
exist for i386, you should be able to run Debian binaries through NetBSD's
m68k Linux ABI emulation.

Turbo NeXT machines are not officially supported yet, but some changes may
have fixed this support. Also, in the past, no SCSI was supported (only
netbooting with NFS storage). SCSI is now working pretty well.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/next68k/
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-next68k/2002/09/

Good luck,
John Klos