Re: Mac Linux Boot Problem

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 12:33:51AM -0400, Benzo Harris wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm working with Debian 2.2 on a Quadra 900, and I'm using penguin
> booter 18.2. I've followed your instructions word for word, and when I boot,
> I get a black screen with the last line being ABCFGHIJ. Then the thing just
> sits there. I've looked all over the site, and I can't figure out why this
> is doing this. I was hoping you might have some insight to offer.
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Benzo Harris
>         Devoted Macintosh (and Linux) fan/user

I've had that happen often when I failed to boot MacOS with extensions
off, and also when I tried to boot Linux from an external scsi drive.

You can enable some of the options in Penguin to record its progress
in disk files, and then go back to see how far it really got after the
attempt.

Penguin 19, in Debian 3.0, has some improvements; I don't know
if that would help but it's always worth a shot.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People