Re: Build timing out

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:20:58AM +0100, Will Newton wrote:

> A package I maintain (aqsis, a RenderMan compliant renderer) is timing out
> building on m68k. I believe this is because it's large and C++ and takes a
> long time to build. Unfortunately an older version did build OK, so the
> package seems continually out of date. What is the best way to try and fix
> this?

You're doomed, we'll never build your package anymore, you'll be stuck
in this state forever :-P

Seriously, the timeout is just a hack to prevent packages to loop
forever as part of their build. When it happens, the usual response is
'increase the timeout and retry'. Just wait a while; it should be
rebuilt soonishly.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a