Re: xfree86 4.3.0-0pre1v1 - request for porting help!

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:42:10PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> You're getting this mail because m68k doesn't yet support XFree86 4.3.0.
> As you may or may not know, I have been preparing 4.3.0 packages for some
> time now, which are soon to become the official packages (an
> xfree86_4.3.0-0pre1v1 source package from the XSF is expected soonish).
>
> Unfortunately, 4.3.0 can't go into sid without all the architectures we
> support - that's where you guys come in.
>
> Porting to XFree86 isn't difficult per se, it just needs a lot of
> horsepower, and about 4gb of diskspace. The builds for your relevant
> architectures will fail once: I'll need the debian/MANIFEST.$(ARCH).new
> file, and I'll then send you an updated source package, which should
> produce a complete build.

Are you serious with the 4GB diskspace? I am not sure if any m68k buildd has
that much free space. Mine definetly hasn't since its 10GB disk died. I
might swap in a 20GB disk from my firewall, but I'd prefer adding new disks
over playing diskjockey again. Probably the project would not pay for some
large (IDE) disks for m68k, it doesn't even pay for RAM or "new" machines...
Donations anybody? I'd hate to take a working machine apart, even though I
finally have my athlon.

Christian