Re: New 2.2.25 kernel for amiga

Hi Erik,

[snip]

>   A2000 2-digit hardware clock is not handled properly, system time gets
> set to 1903 on boot, and writing to clock on shutdown fails.
>
> 2.2.20 source has (had?) patch that makes it work properly. What source code
> did you use to build 2.2.25?
>
> Erik

This has been discussed here before.  The consensus seems to be (and
I have observed the same result) is to set your clock under Linux
using the "date" command (see man date) (* ouch! *).  I have noticed
that when I change the clock setting using the AmigaDos Preferences
tool, the system date year will be 1903 in Linux as you described.

When I set the date under Linux, AmigaDos keeps the date year correct,
and it stays correct when I reboot back into Linux.

Christian had a suggested work around:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cts@master.debian.org/msg00037.html

at the bottom of the message.

I didn't do the timezone part, so my time is 5 hours off from GMT,
as I recall I told linux that my clock was get up for GMT when
I installed (CDT now).

--Lance

--
Lance Tagliapietra | lancetag@luminet.net | Contract Software Engineer
Amiga Enthusiast   |   TeXnically Aware   | Embedded Systems Developer