Re: New 2.2.25 kernel for amiga

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:28:03PM -0700, Erik van Roode wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:34:32AM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > The amiga image from Ray's 2.2.25 source is ready:
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
>
> [snip]
>
> > Please test and report back here.
>
>   A2000 2-digit hardware clock is not handled properly, system time gets
> set to 1903 on boot, and writing to clock on shutdown fails.
>
> 2.2.20 source has (had?) patch that makes it work properly. What source code
> did you use to build 2.2.25?

The source from the Mac CVS which Ray announced here some time ago. One
directory up, I have the kernel-patch package I used for building this.

I didn't notice anything peculiar on my A2k, but then I am running 2.4.20
most of the time. I a not sure the clock was working too well, especially
when you go back to AOS, the year ist most probably wrong, because AOS can
not handle it? I think the hwclock command has a fix which adjusts the
century denpending on the 2 digit year, maybe you have an old version there?

Christian