cdtool and cdcd don't play last track

Hi,

A while back I asked the group about recommendations for
CD player software for Linux on my Amiga.  I just want
to be able to get the disk to play so I can listen out
the headphone port on the CD ROM drive.

cdtool and cdcd were recommended and I installed both.

With both of these programs, I cannot seem to get them
to just start playing a CD from the beginning and play
it until the end.  What I have found with cdtool is:

cdplay start does not work as expected.  I can see the cd-rom being
   accessed, but playing does not start.
cdplay info  works and gives status
cdplay dir   works and gives a listing of the tracks on the disc.
cdplay #     does not play a track as expected from the man page.
cdplay shuffle  does play the disc, but must be run in the background.

The cdcd program gives similar response.

I have also found the with both cdtool and cdcd, if I specify
the start and end tracks the disc will play.  Interesting
problem is that neither will allow me to specify the final
track on the CD to play.  If a CD has 10 audio tracks 1-10,
and maybe some extra data tracks, it will only allow me to
play x-9.

The CD-Rom drive in question is a quad speed (from my dmesg):

sending SDTR 0103015f00sync_xfer=40
Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-ROM CDU-76S    Rev: 1.1c
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced this
problem also and if a solution has been determined?

Thanks,

--Lance
--
Lance Tagliapietra | lancetag@luminet.net | Contract Software Engineer
Amiga Enthusiast   |   TeXnically Aware   | Embedded Systems Developer