Re: Debian folder missing

Op do 10-04-2003, om 21:03 schreef Arto Noronen:
> Hi
>
> I bought Debian GNU/Linux v.3.0r1 14 CD set.
> It was said that this release is compatible with
> older macs (68k). I checked that my Quadra 900 was
> also supported.
> When I try to make installation I can´t find
> folder called Debian on these CD´s.
> Installation manual tells that this folder contains
> Penguine booter, linux.bin and root.bin.
> I found these files from www.debian.org and now when
> I try to start installation I get message " Unable to allocate memory
> for kernel and ramdisk total (0x00837000)".

How much memory does your system have? According to this message, you'll
need at least 8613888 bytes of RAM, or a bit over 8MM for just the
kernel and the ramdisk. Which means that you can't install Linux on your
mac unless you (temporarily or definitively) install at least 12MB RAM

> If I don´t use ramdisk linux starts to run but ends up giving
> message "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00"

Obviously, since at that point, there's no Linux on your hard disk yet,
and the installer is in the RAMdisk image.

--
wouter at grep dot be
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a