Re: amiga framebuffer (aga) and xfree 4.2.1-3: shadowfb trouble

Hi,

Christian T. Steigies wrote:

Ask on the right list, debian-68k knows more about this than debian-x I
guess. I haven't been able to get XFree86 4.x working myself on my Amiga,
but I believe it made some progress since I last tried. I heard there are
still problems with the module loader, or maybe just on 060 machines. One
proposed fix was to install the debugging version, which has all the modules
compiled in: xserver-xfree86-dbg
But maybe somebody who actually has X4.x running on m68k can tell you more?

XFree 4.1 does actually run on m68k now, I saw it running on a friend's Amiga 4000/040 (using virgefb), but to get it to run, I believe that we had to prevent it from loading any modules, and we couldn't get the keymap configured correctly (I think it was configured for a PC keyboard), so we couldn't type anything properly. Mouse was ok though.

Regards,

Ross..