Re: linux-2.4.20 CVS kernel-image for atari

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 15:44, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:27:27PM +0100, Storm66 wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 16:11, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> >
> > I use Amiga kernels (and test it) as soon as possible and as often as
> > possible. I confirm that the 2.4.20 kernel is stable, it does not hang
> > any more as it was in december. I had it running 5 days without a
> > problem and stopping only as I want to use AMigaDOS.
>
> Good to hear, mine has been running now 2.5 days, built mozilla and a few
> smaller packages. So I am pretty confident (except for affs...).

I tested AFFS on a floppy (only writing a couple of small files) and
that worked fine. Didn't test it with a harddisk yet.

> > If I can help to test anything .....
>
> It would be good if you could test the kernel-image I made, see if it works
> for you (you and me have pretty much identical hardware, it would be good if
> other hardware were tested, too), have any comments on the config, want
> more/less modules, etc. If the devfs works, haven't tested that myself yet.

Don't the device drivers which maintain major/minor numbers (character
and block devices) need to be modified for that? I don't think the m68k
specific drivers have been converted yet, so I guess that won't work too
well... (as an example, drivers/block/z2ram.c doesn't seem to know about
devfs at all).

I can volunteer to convert them if you like... any ramdisk image I can
test them with? In the m68k department I have access to an Amiga and to
an MVME147 crate.

Kind regards,

Kars.