linux-2.4.20 CVS kernel-image for amiga

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:51:24PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> I must admit that I personally never tried running a 2.4 kernel on my
> m68k box, since I did not find the time back then to try it out, and did
> not hear any success reports from people running 2.4 on m68k (not on
> debian-m68k@lists.debian.org, on m68k-build@nocrew.org, or in
> comp.os.linux.m68k). In fact, yours is the first success report I ever
> heard. Also, I vaguely remember something about this bug being
> Mac-specific, but I might have been dreaming about that part.

I did have 2.4.18 running fairly stable, but it froze from time to time, so
I went back to 2.2.20.

I finished the build of 2.4.20 from CVS (competing against gcc-snapshot).
It is available at:
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/

Untested, since I do not have physical access to my box for a few more days.
This kernel-image includes devfs support, I assume you need to install some
support packages before it works, did not have much luck with that on i386
yet, but I did not try too hard. Please test. Comments about the config are
welcome.

I will try to build a mac image next (since I have a mac waiting at home).
If that works out, atari is next. Then maybe VME, but I guess I'd prefer it
if Nick did this, since I have no idea about VME. I guess I should create a
kernel-patch package...

Christian