Re: Problems installing Woody from Linux/m68k

Op ma 24-02-2003, om 22:00 schreef Kars de Jong:
> > > A binary that works would obviously be more convenient ;-)
> >
> > Sure. If you could try the stable version first (stable has glibc 2.2),
> > I'll try to compile you the unstable version in a potato chroot. If it
> > still doesn't work with that, you're out of luck :-P
>
> I however have glibc 2.1 ;-)
> So, regarding versions: stable -> glibc 2.2, and potato -> glibc 2.1?

Yes.

> You think it's possible to bootstrap woody with the potato debootstrap?

No, that won't work. The potato debootstrap searches for a
base2_2.tar.gz, which does by this time only exist on
archives.debian.org (or something like that, not sure).

What you _could_ do is install potato, and upgrade that to woody by
modifying your sources.list and doing an upgrade that way. Be prepared
to update a day or so if you're going that way, though.

> If that works you don't have to bother compiling, but thanks for the
> offer :-)

You're welcome. Since you have an installed system, you might be quicker
off with a compilation you start yourself; however, my offer still
stands; I'm preparing the chroot right now.

--
wouter at grep dot be
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a