Re: XFree 4.1

Gerhard,

Have you tried any twiddling with the XF86Config file?  There are a
couple of things I would try:

-Remark out this line:
        Load    "glx"
by putting a # as the first character:
#        Load    "glx"

Also remark this line:
#        Videoram        4096

Try remarking out this line as well:
#        DefaultDepth    8

Or try some different settings:
        DefaultDepth    1
or:
        DefaultDepth    4

These are the first things I would try.  I am confused a little, does X
crash "every" time or "sometimes"?

Also you may try remarking out one or both of these lines:

        Option          "xaa_benchmark"
        Option          "fifo_moderate"

Good luck, I'm running FVWM2 on my Mac Quadra 610, who is a little
jealous of your 50MHz beast...

LR

--
Lincoln Rutledge