Re: Anyway to network my old mac without appletalk?

At 08:17 PM 12/10/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Hi all,

I have a quadra 660 AV that I'd like to turn into a linux powerhouse machine... ;-0
<snip>
Maybe I won't need anything once I get debian on my system, then the linux box will see the internet right??

Thanks,

George

I use a Mac Classic with 6.08 with MacTCP, so yours should should be fine.

7.5.3 has Open Transport built in, so the TCP/IP control panel will be there and that's all you need. You might have to go to the Network Software Selector and turn on Open Transport, but it's there.

On the other hand, Debian should run quite nicely out of the box on that, with full TCP/IP/

Scott Holder