Re: Quadra 950 install problems

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 23:23, Hank wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Benn having a few problems installing woody on a Quadra 950. The install
> program finishes and asks to
> reboot the system. But it doesn't reboot. I do a hardware reboot with
> the reset switch and boot back in
> with the appropriate root directory.
>
> The system gives the following message:
>     Setting the System Clock using the Hardware Clock as reference. . .
>     modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate char-major-10-135
>
> The text cursor keeps blinking, but the program refuses to go any
> further. Any ideas?

Hit Ctrl-C at this point.  If your using woody you'll get a similar
message and another halt a little later.  Ctrl-C again will allow boot
up to continue.  After logging in go to the rcS.d and rc2.d directories
and remove all links that reference hwclock.  This is a known problem on
the Quadra 900 and 950 systems.

Ray