Re: can't boot linux

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:12:10 +0100
Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@despammed.com> wrote:

> i have a video board and an ethernet adaptor... i hope they don't
> cause conflicts! do you suggest to try removing them?

sure!

my MacIIci won't boot with the video card.

try to isolate the problem removing all cards.
after it, try adding the  ethernet card.

> > tried booting MacOS without extensions? 8 MB could likely not be
> > enough

with only 8 Mb of ram you need 16-24 hours in order to install a base
debian, but really very very slow.
You nedd to add more ram... minimum 20 MB AFAIK.

> since i have an additional video board, i hope the mac is not so
> stupid to eat my ram anyway... bout i wouldn't count on it :/

remove the video card and switch to 2 bit colors, so the Mac "eat" no
much memory for video and boot without extensions..

ciao,
MaX