Re: xserver-xfree86 on Woody 3.0r0

tOn Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 01:11:41AM +0100, Thomas Sj?lin wrote:
> Hi Aled
>
> On 30-Okt-02, you wrote:
>
> > I dont know, i know it sounds obvious and youve probabbly already tried
> > it, but is there a chance that it could be a keymap problem? I know i had
> > a hell of a time gfetting the keymap set right for a uk amiga keyboard.
> > (incidently if anyone needs a .xmodmap file for a uk-amiga keyboard let
> me
> > know ;)
>
> I'm having a real "hell" getting my keyboard to work properly in X. Dunno if
> I'm missing some settings in XF86Config-4 but some keys are definately in
> the wrong place. For example is my right-alt acting as a shift-key right
> now...
>
> Only setting I have is "xkbdisable" at the moment (having a swedish
> amiga-keyboard)
>
> This is my keyboard-settings in XF86Config-4:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier  "Generic Keyboard"
>    Driver      "keyboard"
>    Option      "CoreKeyboard"
>    Option      "Xkbdisable"
> EndSection

mine reads-
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "CustomKeyCodes"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "amiga"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "usa1"
EndSection

this gives me a US amiga keymap, i then use xmodmap to convert the #
into £ signs, and the ` into #, and the DEL key into DEL (its set as a
backspace). the alt keys are set up correctly.
however, if u are using XkbDisable then the alt key should be set the
same as it is in your console keymap (i think)

hope that helps.