Re: boot-floppies 3.0.24 (fwd)

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:14:59PM -0500, Ray Knight wrote:
> For some reason Woody's X on the 68K Macs appears to be eating the
> Control-Option-Delete and Control-Option-Fx key combinations before
> passing them on to the kernel.

/me scratches head

Uh, you've got that backwards.  X puts the keyboard device in "raw" mode
on the VT it's using, and the kernel feeds *X* key events, not the other
way around.

> Ctrl-Option-Fx works as it should from a console, but from the X
> screen it does nothing.

Well, does CTRL-APPLE/BUCKY-Fx work instead?  Maybe somebody screwed up
the keymap on the X side.

On PowerMacs, at the console you have to type BUCKY-Fx to switch
consoles, but X works as documented (that is, CTRL-ALT/OPTION-Fx).

You can always use xev to determine what the X server thinks the pressed
keys are.

> I've got too much work to do for the 2.4.x and 2.5.x kernel to spend
> any time on this however.

Okay, maybe someone else can do that experiment.  My Quadra 840AV is in
a lot of pieces right now.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit