Re: xserver-xfree86 on Woody 3.0r0

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 11:30, Scott Holder wrote:
> At 08:11 AM 10/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >X fails using 2 bit color, and 4 bit color. Works fine on 8 bit mode. 16
> >bit mode produced a lot of funky colors. When it failed on 2 or 4 bit it
> >left a log message saying unsupported pixel format.
> <snip>
>
> Try a startx -- -bpp 15 (or is it -depth 15 now?) and I bet you'll find it
> works. Macintosh Thousands of colors is actually 15 bit, not 16. Looks much
> nicer on Thousands too ;)
>
> As a more permanent workaround, you can set the DefaultDepth to 15 in the
> config file.
>
> Scott Holder

Thank you Scott, that was just the tip I needed to fix the horrible
color mapping on my Quadra 650.  KDE now looks pretty good and is
actually quite responsive considering its just a 33 MHz 040.

Now if someone could tell me how to get Crl-Alt-Fx keys to work and how
to map the Ctrl, and Alt keys to mimic mouse buttons 2 and 3 I'll have a
really useful setup.

Ray