Re: V3 Amiga install problem

Hi there, Christian

OK - I need help again (the joys of being a novice :o/)

I got debian 3 installed OK, but I've hit some problems since:-

1. When linux has booted, as soon as I login with login name/password, the
screen goes black, and hangs. This is a sporadic problem. I can login
successfully perhaps 1 out of 4 attempts - and I've no idea why. I can get
debug output for you if it would help, but I can't see any clues in it myself.

2. I can't get xfree to start. At first it complained about not "No screens
found", and after searching around the web, I used dpkg -reconfigure to set up
xfree using the virgeS3 driver - now it just quits without a specific error
(Caught error 11 or something like that). The XFree log doesn't show anything.
Unfortunately, I can't get the log from that too you since I can't write it to
any of my AmigaDOS volumes (SFS on all non linux partitions).

If you really need it, tell me how to print it from the console and I'll type it
in line by line :o/

This is driving me nuts. When I did a test install of 2.2 it worked, so it's
something in the Woody that's doing this (both problems).

I don't want to start again. Haing downloaded 103 Meg of archives over 3 days,
I'd hate to lose them.

Hope you can get me going.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Steve
--
     // A1200 '060 50Mhz, 2+64Meg, EZ-Tower,  2 x 3 Gig IDE
    //  Power CD-ROM, IDE CDRW, HPDJ610C, OS 3.9, SquirrelSCSI

Author of:- GHelp, Blitzdock, Blitzpass, Placemouse, WBCycle, Amiga Draughts and
ScalosEject.

PGP Public Key:-

http://www.hargreavess.freeserve.co.uk/SteveHargreavesPGP.asc

The highest ecstasy is the attention at its fullest.
-- Simone Weil