Re: V3 Amiga install problem

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:53:06PM +0100, Steve Hargreaves wrote:

> OK, you'll be pleased to know that this worked. I used the 3.0 amigainstall
> pacgage copied to a normal AmigaDOS directory on an SFS partition, with disk 1
> of the 2.2r2 CD distribution in my IDE drive. I cd'd to the CD and then started
> with the following command line:-

No need to cd to the CD.

> Programs:linux/amiboot5.6 -d -k programs:linux/linux.bin -r
> programs:linux/amiga/root.bin root=/dev/ram video=virge:800x600-8 ide=doubler
>
> This got me to an apprently 2.2 version of dbootstrap

It would have surprised me if you had gotten anything else ;-)

> You might note that the version of Amiboot on the 2.2 CD also failed before
> starting linux, but I don't suppose it matters.

Maybe because its not executable? I thought this was fixed in later versions
of the 2.2 release.

> The predominant problems are:-
>
> Mouse freezing

don't install gpm?

> Lack of any response when clicking on the buttons on the desktop
> a complete system freeze when trying to quit the desktop

Buttons on the desktop??? What desktop, Gnome, KDE, ... ?

> I suspect that most, if not all of these are related to the installation
> problems, thou, and when I get a chance, I'll go through it all again.

I thought you wanted to upgrade to 3.0? I wouldn't install all that stuff if
you want to upgrade to woody anyway.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody