Re: Mounting 610 floppy drive

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:
> As I understand it, floppy drives simply aren't supported under Linux on
> m68k Macs.
>
> Apple apparently won't release the programming specs.  There's some
> might valuable intellectual property there; gotta hold onto that stuff.
> God forbid someone other than Apple figure out how to drive the stepper
> motor on a double- or high-density floppy drive controller.

Note that this goes for *all* Mac68k-specific hardware, not just the
floppy drives. Every bit of hardware-specific code you're using when
running Linux/mac68k is reverse engineered.

Understandably, stuff like sound support and floppy drive support get a
lower priority than "making sure the system doesn't hang when accessing
two harddisks at once" and the like ;-)

--
wouter at grep dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"