Re: Mounting 610 floppy drive

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:31:13PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> As I understand it, floppy drives simply aren't supported under Linux on
> m68k Macs.
True.

> Apple apparently won't release the programming specs.  There's some
> might valuable intellectual property there; gotta hold onto that stuff.
> God forbid someone other than Apple figure out how to drive the stepper
> motor on a double- or high-density floppy drive controller.
Actually, there are the beginnings of a driver for SWIM IOP floppy
controllers. IIfx has one of those, and so does the Quadra 900/950. There
is also some information available on the IWM on the IIgs, but it might
apply to other machines as well. Work in IWM floppy controllers has been
halted I think ever since Alan stopped working on it. Yes, that was a
long time ago.

Anyway, it doesn't work, and it's not a high priority for any of the
developers.

Alfred