Re: gcc failure on xine-lib autobuild

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 07:34:48PM +0200, Siggi Langauf wrote:
> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> [...]
> > No but the older version (0.9.8-2) seemed to compile fine. I wonder what
> > changed?
>
> Me too, that's why I asked. That's especially surprising as all the other
> autobuilders didn't have a problem. I'd suspect a gcc upgrade...

Indeed, there has been just such an upgrade to gcc since 0.9.8-2. Maybe
you'll want to bounce the bug to gcc.

> > FWIW: we bounced it to at least three different machines, so it's not
> > specific to a particular m68k box or architecture.
>
> upgrade on all the machines??

Perhaps I should have said we have m68k/mac and m68k/amiga buildd machines,
at least. Sometimes things work differently on each. I suspect that are
all pretty up-to-date with their buildd chroots.

> > I'd be happy to create you an account on my machine, although it's not
> > even close to the fastest in the fleet.
>
> Well, the failure is quite early in the build process, so CPU speed won't
> really important. I could _try_ to investigate this...

If I can help, let me know.

> > I filed a bug just before I read this, hope that doesn't annoy.
>
> Hmmm, I usually find all bugs annoying, but I don't tell people unless the
> bug wasn't really a bug, but something else failing, so let's see if it
> "does annoy" ;-)

I've been flamed for filing FTBFS bugs after they've been brought up in
a public forum -- just trying to do my duty.

<stephen@marenka.net>