Re: ls -l doesn't segfault...

Hi,

Mathew Eis writes:
 > Bruce,
 >
 > I've been playing with that as well - I built a fsck for
 > Debian Linux 68k that doesn't crash - using very similar
 > methods.

fsck on linux drove me crazy for this reason :-)

 > I used a patched up floatlib.c that I got somewhere - some
 > parts of some worked and some parts of others. I built both
 > a static library and a dynamic library, and used the static
 > library for fcsk.
 >
 > It almost seems to me that if we are to run linux on the
 > LC040 machines, it is going to become an entirely sepatrate
 > distribution, since nearly every program that uses floating
 > point numbers will have to be rebuilt...

Maybe. I'll bet that most of any base system doesn't do a lot of
floating point.  Programs, otoh, should have the ability to use the
built in FPU especially on the 68k, not the fastest system in the
world.

cheers

bruce

--
Of course it runs NetBSD

Bruce O'Neel                       phone:  +41 22 950 91 57
INTEGRAL Science Data Centre               +41 22 950 91 00 (switchb.)
Chemin d'Ecogia 16                 fax:    +41 22 950 91 35
CH-1290 VERSOIX                    e-mail: Bruce.Oneel@obs.unige.ch
Switzerland                        WWW:    http://isdc.unige.ch/