ls -l doesn't segfault...

on an LC040, finally.  I've been playing around with getting NetBSD
1.5.2 to run better on my PB540c, just because I like portable
systems, and I've finally gotten ls -l, a common program to segfault
randomly, to run ok.  I did this by building a subset of libc with
-msoft-float and also building in the gcc soft float emulator from the
arm and sh3 ports into my cut down libc.  When ls is linked with this
cut down libc in front of the normal libc library then ls -l doesn't
segfault anymore.

The gory and incomplete details can be found at
http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/beoneel/NetBSD.html.  This is only a
temporary step and only for NetBSD, though the same principle should
work for any system.

Basically this is a step towards bootstrapping a full build of libc,
and, once that is done, a build of all the programs which randomly
segfault.

cheers

bruce

--
Of course it runs NetBSD

Bruce O'Neel                       phone:  +41 22 950 91 57
INTEGRAL Science Data Centre               +41 22 950 91 00 (switchb.)
Chemin d'Ecogia 16                 fax:    +41 22 950 91 35
CH-1290 VERSOIX                    e-mail: Bruce.Oneel@obs.unige.ch
Switzerland                        WWW:    http://isdc.unige.ch/