Re: emulators?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:21:45PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Don't expect it to be fast... doing virtual address mapping in hardware is
> a big speed advantage.. ;)

I would think most of the virtual address mapping could be emulated using
mmap? I was playing a lot with that when I wrote most the UQLX Sinclair QL
Emulator, the only thing I didn't get working with mmap was the address
wrap - the top 8 address bits aren't used by QL hardware and some software
abuses that. Unlike Basilisk I still don't have a versin running native
in linux-m68k..

Bye
Richard