Re: System 7.5 install from CD

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:50:58PM +0100, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:

> > This does require that you have an Appletalk server around (either
> > with netatalk on a *nix box, another Mac, or possibly an NT server).
>        ^^^^^^^^
> if i understood correctly i have to recompile the kernel...
>
> or maybe it is alright here... how can i find out?

Standard Debian kernels should work with netatalk right out of the
box. I think 'modprobe appletalk' would tell you for certain if the
low-level support is there.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu